Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hands and feet

Greetings friends! I apologize for not blogging for awhile. Life has been a bit hectic with interviews, weddings (I had THREE friends get married on one day), and other events. I received the prayer below in a daily devotional email today. It reminded me to slow down and think of how I can be a blessing to others instead of just pondering how I can be more blessed. This was the subject of the sermon at Buckhead Church on Sunday, and it holds so much truth.

Heavenly Father, Sovereign Lord, the Great I Am. Thank You that You have planned every day of our lives before we have lived a single day. Thank You that You speak into our lives today. Thank You that You invite us to join You in Your work. Father, give us opportunities to be Your hands and feet. Give us ears to hear and eyes to see the broken and hurting people all around us. Give us a heart of obedience. Give us boldness to speak. May all glory and honor and praise go to You. In Jesus' Name Amen.

No comments: