Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Was it something I did? Was it something I said? Was I being too needy with my constant emailing from work, home, and my Blackberry? Could Hotmail just no longer stand the pressure? Hotmail even went as far as having no phone number for me to call to fix our problems. We were together for over 7 years, and all I get is an extremely unhelpful Q & A section on Hotmail's site to answer my break up questions. Unbelievable!
I asked Gmail out today, and it said yes. With fun colors and setting to choose from and a much more user-friendly format, I think Gmail and I are going to be quite happy together. Hopefully I won't give in and try to log into Hotmail after one too many cocktails...I wouldn't want Gmail to find out.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
1) My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2) Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3) Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well-being.
4) Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU.
5) Talk to me, Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6) Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.
7) Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8) Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9) Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
10) Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or, "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Jenn and I rallied Saturday morning for some breakfast and a quick stop at Crumbs Bake Shop ( http://www.crumbs.com/) where we picked up some cupcakes to go. I picked out Caramel Apple, and Jenn got Peanut Butter Cup. We both agreed that they were the best cupcakes we have EVER had.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Now, I realize that I recently wrote a post about Ziploc bags (http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2010/02/ziploc-talk.html), but I am offering this idea up as an alternative to using plastic bags. I have not seen any Abeego products in person and cannot testify to how well they work and last, but I am intrigued.
For more information on this line, go to http://abeego.ca/index.html. If you try them out, please send me your feedback. I think they are innovative and just plain cute...they remind me of handkerchiefs.
Sandra Bullock for her stunning, gold Marchesa gown. Her look resembled that of Veronica Lake-very old Hollywood glamour. Sandy has never looked better and deserves every bit of happiness for her grace, humility, and talent. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
Here is the information from The Green Life: "Keeping your microwave clean by covering food (a plate or glass lid will do) can make it last significantly longer. The vapor released when the food cooks permeates the machine's interior and can, over time, cause problems. Vapor also transfers grease and residue, resulting in rust and corrosion. As for bags of popcorn? Put them on an inverted bowl or plate. They contain foil strips that can warp the turntable."
Not sure how to clean your microwave? Place a bowl of water, with slices of lemon and a cloth in it, in the microwave and turn it on for 3 minutes. After this, the steam will have loosened any bits of dried up food, and you will have a nice fresh cloth, to wipe it down with. Magic!
I don't know about you, but I had NO idea that an unclean microwave could cause so many problems. Happy cleaning!