Monday, March 8, 2010

Why not Abeego?

Today's go green tip comes to us from a recent Daily Candy post. Instead of using plastic bags for snacks, storage, etc, check out Abeego's new line of all-natural storage products. You can choose from wraps, snack cones, and flats. The products are made out of a hemp/cotton fabric that has been infused with beeswax and plant extract. They can easily be cleaned with soap and cold water and come in a variety of fun, bright colors. You can keep one in your bag to bring to bag up leftovers at restaurants instead of using the plastic or Styrofoam containers they give you.

Now, I realize that I recently wrote a post about Ziploc bags (http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2010/02/ziploc-talk.html), but I am offering this idea up as an alternative to using plastic bags. I have not seen any Abeego products in person and cannot testify to how well they work and last, but I am intrigued.


For more information on this line, go to http://abeego.ca/index.html. If you try them out, please send me your feedback. I think they are innovative and just plain cute...they remind me of handkerchiefs.

No comments: