Monday, July 12, 2010

Not so secret garden

A great way to save money and go green is to have your own garden.  I live in a high-rise building, so I am unable to do this.  But, I love admiring and enjoying the fresh produce from other people's gardens.  I don't know very much about gardening, but there are tons of online resources that can teach you how to do it.  I have dreams of owning a house with a yard one day (or even just a cool townhouse with some outdoor space) and having my very own garden filled with fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. 

By planting your own fruits and vegetables, you are saving money and the environment.  If you are like me and don't have the ability to have your own garden, you can support local gardeners and farmers by shopping at farmer's markets.  Atlanta has multiple farmer's markets throughout the year, so check one out.  If you do garden and have excess produce, flowers, or herbs, feel free to share the love and bring some to me.  Happy gardening!

No comments: