Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thoughts: Friend or foe?

I was thinking about some things yesterday, and I had to stop myself.  See, I tend to get WAY too carried away in my own thoughts.  I have a lot of time (more than I need) on my hands these days to just sit and think, and sometimes I let my thoughts and feelings get the best of me.  Okay, most of the time I do so.


It's like the more time I have to think about my life and the situations in it, the more twisted and crazy my reality becomes in my own mind.  Not in a scary or demented sense, I'm just not sure that all this time to think is really doing me any good.  It's almost like I need a mental babysitter because I shouldn't be left alone with my own thoughts for too long.  Am I the only one who feels this way?  Or, do others also let their thoughts run wild and get carried away with crazy notions all day long?  


The mind is an extremely powerful place-MUCH more powerful than any machine.  It's where our creativity lies...where our hopes, dreams, and fantasies manifest themselves into potentially tangible items.  The mind is also where anger, jealousy, rage, envy, greed, and pride lie waiting to devour us.  The smallest negative thought can eat away at you until you wake up one day and believe that it's the truth.  


Be careful friends.  If you think it, it will come.  If you can imagine it, it can be a possibility.  So, think big, think happy, and think smart.

No comments: