As temperatures continue to soar, there are some important go green tips to keep in mind.
1) Close your blinds during the day to avoid letting excess sunlight in your home. (Keep them open in cooler months of course :)
2) Keep your air set around 78 degrees. For every degree you lower your thermostat below 78, you increase your power bill by 6%.
3) Drink a lot of water...that's right, water. Not soft drinks, tea, or other beverages. Stick to good ole, plain water straight from the tap. If you don't like to drink tap water, buy a filter for your faucet.
4) Buy food from local vendors when possible.
5) Do all of your errands in one trip instead of one or two each day.
These are just a few easy tips for living a more green lifestyle. What tips do you have to share with us?