Monday, August 3, 2009

Every day for Him


Last Thursday night my best friend Pam was involved in a horrible car crash. Fortunately, she sustained only minor cuts and bruises. The severity of the situation made me stop and contemplate how we often live our lives.

We are all guilty of taking each day for granted when in actuality, every day is a gift from God. We save our fancy dishes and outfits for "special occasions" and keep telling ourselves that we will go there, call him/her, visit it one day. Well, my friends, today is the day. Tell your loved ones that you love them. Pop the question. Take that special trip you have always wanted to take. We only have a limited number of days on this earth, so make today the best day yet.

I continue to praise God for saving Pam, and I plan to live each and every day to the fullest until God calls me home.

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." (Psalm 18:16-19)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Glad your friend is okay.

Sandy said...

So beautifully said and I am so glad that Pam is OK. God performs so many miracles- more than the ones we are aware of.

Pam said...

Aww Elle! I just noticed the link to this on your Facebook page...thank you for writing such a thoughtful and important blog for us all to read based on my accident. The only comfort I can get from all of this is to improve myself by living for God more and more everyday...and encourage others to do the same. Thank you and I love you!