Monday, August 17, 2009

Les Papillons Magnifique


I have always had a fascination with butterflies. My favorite dress when I was little had a beautiful butterfly on it. My first tattoo was a butterfly :) They just have a special meaning for me. In the Christian church, butterflies are often used to represent new creation in Christ. I feel that God has used butterflies in very specific and meaningful ways in my life. Often when I am feeling sad or down, a butterfly will fly past me. I truly believe that this is God's way of showing me that He loves me and is always watching over me. When my dear friend Kevin died in 2000, I was driving to my friend Katie's house and was terribly upset. As I prayed for Kevin and his soul, a gorgeous red and orange butterfly flew past my car. I instantly felt comforted and knew that Kevin was at peace. I pray that you will be blessed with your own version of the butterfly.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,

the master calls a butterfly."

(Richard Bach)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I LOVE the song Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus (don't laugh, I DO have a 7 year old remember)! Your blog post reminded me of the song- the lyrics are so inspiring.