Monday, November 2, 2009

Kindle me this, Kindle me that

Today's go green tip is a bit different. While I absolutely love the look and feel of a book, I am quite tempted to buy a Kindle...especially since Amazon recently released the Amazon Kindle 2, a small version of its previous counterpart. It holds up to 1,500 books, weighs just 10.2 ounces, and is $259.00. I was finally able to check one out in person the other day when my uncle was in town. He got his Kindle a few months ago and really loves it. I couldn't get over how small and lightweight it was. Plus, there is no glare when you turn it on. This was my only major concern since the glare of a computer can be quite irritating especially since most of us stare at computers all day long.

Prices for most books you download-in less than 60 seconds-for your Kindle (even new releases!) are just $9.99. So, you are saving money AND the environment by not wasting paper to print the book. I'm not sure how they manufacture Kindles, so there could be a few drawbacks there. But, I think the concept behind the device is brilliant. If and when I get my very own Kindle, I can't wait to travel with it. Carrying whatever book I'm reading, my Bible, and a magazine or two can be quite cumbersome. Let's all Kindle today!

No comments: