Monday, January 18, 2010

Get your scrub on

Instead of using paper towels* for cleaning, drying your hands, etc. go green by using dish towels and/or wash cloths when possible. This will eliminate unnecessary waste, and it will help you save on your monthly expenses (yes, just a small amount, but every penny counts). I actually prefer wash cloths to paper towels when cleaning because they work better for me...especially when it comes to dusting, one of my least favorite activities.

You can find a pack of 6 wash cloths for around $2.00-$5.00, and they will last for years. All you have to do is rinse them out when you are finished and wash them with your towels in warm or hot water. It's easy, better for the environment, and extremely inexpensive. Grab a wash cloth today and start scrubbing!

*If you've been to my house before, you know I still use paper towels. I just don't use them very often, and I buy paper towels made from recycled paper.

No comments: