- Properly inflated tires can save $0.05 per gallon on gas
- 5% under inflation increases fuel consumption by 1%, and it releases 1.5 million tons of carbon dioxide
- Maintaining proper tire pressure generates less scrap tires
- Tire pressure is the single greatest cause of tire damage and failure
- A well-tended tire can last 40,000-80,000 miles
In layman's terms, when tires are not inflated properly, they are less round and require more energy to start moving and maintain speed. This results in more pollution and gas consumption. For more information on checking the pressure in your tires, go to http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoAirPressure.do.