Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day friends! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating the beautiful planet with which we have been blessed. Instead of offering a list of go green tips, I just want to encourage you to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Let's strive to use less, reuse what we already have, and then recycle what we can't use again.

A few ideas are to only buy/cook the amount of food you think you will actually eat. If you make too much, you can always freeze it and eat it at another time. I don't know about you, but it pains me to have to throw away food because I let it go bad. My lovely friends in South Africa avoid doing this by "passing on" food they are not going to eat (not food that has already spoiled) to people who desperately need it. I watched them do this, and it warms my heart to this day. I wish we could practice this concept here.

Also, try to carpool when you can, take mass transit, or walk/ride a bike. I've made a pledge to buy a bike in the next 30 days, and I am really excited about it. Any tips for me? Let's pledge to reduce our carbon footprint by using our cars less.

I am super excited to see Disneynature's new film Oceans which hits theater today. I absolutely loved Earth; check out my review on this film at
http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2009/04/earth-movie-review.html. If you see Oceans this week, Disneynature will make a donation in your honor to help protect coral reefs. I'll do a review on the movie after I see it this weekend.

Okay, friends, enjoy Earth Day. Let's join together to stop destroying our magnificent planet and start taking care of it.

No comments: