Friday, September 10, 2010

Stand Up To Cancer

I encourage all of you to go to www.standup2cancer.org to make a donation to stand up to cancer.  I don't know of anyone who has not been affected by cancer in some way.  In the US, someone dies from cancer every minute. 

Stand Up To Cancer's efforts are quite unique in that they have formed Dream Teams composed of doctors and scientists who are working collaboratively instead of competitively to conduct research and develop new treatments to cure cancer. 

100% of your donation will go directly to collaborative cancer research, so please donate in memory or in honor of someone affected by cancer.  Cancer does not care about race, religion, gender, age, income level, or nationality.  Let's come together to fight this battle and win.  I truly believe that the doctors, scientists, and researchers who God has richly blessed with the highest intelligence imaginable can and will find a cure for this disease in my lifetime. 

I am standing up in honor of my grandmother who passed away from this horrible disease.  I miss you, love you, and honor you today, tomorrow, and always. 

No comments: