Monday, November 14, 2011

Be thankful for leftovers

If you read my blog on a regular basis, you know that I write about leftovers frequently.  As the holiday season gets into full swing over the next few weeks, please keep leftovers in mind.  Try your best to make the appropriate amount of food, so you don't end up with tons of leftovers.  If you find yourself with leftovers on your hands, go green by sending leftovers home with friends or making sure to eat them, freeze them, etc.  


Leftovers can be tricky.  I know that it's not always exciting to eat the same thing 4-5 times.  When I don't feel like eating my leftover soup, casserole, or other item, I try to think about the millions of people who are starving all over the world.  I know they would give anything for food (of any kind) to eat.  That definitely changes my attitude about my meal.  Let's all be thankful for having food to eat at each meal because many people don't have anything to eat and go to bed hungry each night.

No comments: