Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I'm not going to lie; it's been a rough year.  I lost my job in May-for the 3rd year in a row.  A person can only handle getting laid off so many times, right?  As always, God carried me through this trying time and blessed me in so many other ways.  I'm thankful for countless blessings this year, but these are the top ones:


1) An amazing trip to Haiti with an AWESOME team of people.  The trip was quite challenging, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
2) Finally getting a job that I LOVE.  I was beginning to think that this might not ever happen, and it did.  I love my job, and I'm incredibly thankful for this opportunity.
3) A wonderful trip to Italy to see my brother and sister-in-law.  It was my first real vacation in years, and it was perfect.  
4) My wonderful friends who always support me, love me, and make me laugh.  I could not have gotten through the past 3 years without them.
5) My family.  I love them SO much.  They inspire me to be a better person every single day.
6) My sweet dog Georgia.  She is my little ray of sunshine, and I love her more and more each day.
7) My Heavenly Father.  He's the man.  I absolutely could NOT have gotten through the past 3-4 years without His love, grace, and mercy.  He just plain rocks.  He's the God of second (okay countless) changes, and He never fails to amaze me with His blessings.


I'm also thankful for you, dear readers.  Thanks for letting me share my thoughts, opinions, hopes, and dreams with you. I know they're ALL over the place, but so am I.  I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, no matter where you are or what you do.  If you're thankful for someone this year, let them know.  Life is short, so let's lift each other up with encouraging words.  Happy Thanksgiving sweet friends!

No comments: