Monday, August 16, 2010

I've got it in the bag

A great way to go green AND save some green is to bring your lunch to work.  Why pay $5-$15 for lunch each day when you can pay much less and eat healthy at the same time?  Plus, you are saving gas by not leaving the office to go get lunch.  My general lunch rule is that I am allowed to eat lunch out once day/week.  I see it as a special treat to do so. 

I cringe when I see people bring their lunch in plastic grocery store bags.  Why do this when there are tons of cute, reusable lunch bags on the market?  The one pictured is very cute and functional.  Go to http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=19153&source=related_bn to order it online.  However, you can get lunch bags at Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.  I have an adorable striped one from Target that I love.  My former coworker Will used to refer to it as my "lunch purse."  Make sure to use reusable containers and cutlery.  Bon appetit!

No comments: