Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What the text?

Since when did texting (just texting) become appropriate instead of picking up the phone to ask someone out or get to know them better? If you have graduated from high school, you need to pick up the phone and CALL someone when you like them. Don't get me wrong, texting has it's place for sure...I love texting. However, if you are trying to get to know someone better, you need to talk to them on the phone. Call me old fashioned, but I truly think this is what you should do.

I think that people tend to hide behind text messages. Think back to the last time you had to tell someone something slightly uncomfortable...did you tell them over the phone/in person or via text/email? I'm not judging people, just asking. I guess I feel that if you are trying to impress someone and show them who you really are, why text someone when you can call them? Sure, send a few ice breaking texts at first. Then rip off the band aid and call them. You just might like talking to them over the phone, and I guarantee you they will be impressed that you did so. Plus, most people don't bite over the phone, so you should be safe. Cowboy up and pick up the phone now.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Blahahhahahaha! I love it! And I totally agree!