Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home is where the heart is: The Sequel


Having spent the past week with our friends from Cape Town, God once again reminded me that home is where the heart is. When I went to Cape Town last year for a mission trip, I was pleasantly surprised that I felt completely at home despite the fact that I had traveled half way around the world. The people at our partnering church were absolutely lovely and welcoming, but it was Christ's love that truly bonded us together. When I returned to Cape Town with globalX (http://www.goglobalx.org/) in May, I once again felt like I was coming home.

I continue to marvel at how God's love and grace can make strangers feel like family and bring people together from very different cultures. He transcends all borders, races, and cultural divides. Saying goodbye to James, Janet, and Asanda last night was difficult, but I know I will see them again. We will all rejoice together one day in God's kingdom...where our home will be for all of eternity.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." (Philippians 3:20-21)

No comments: