Monday, August 31, 2009

Bottled water is bush league


Happy Go Green Monday friends! Do you drink bottled water? If so, here is some interesting information I read today in a Power Point presentation.

1) 86% of plastic watter bottles end up in the trash.
2) The average person spends $400 per year on bottled water. (Imagine what you could spend that money on...I know I would rather spend it on something other than water!)
3) If you leave a plastic bottle of water in your car, chemicals from the plastic can absorb into the water and potentially cause cancer and other health problems.
4) Bottled water costs 1,900 times more than tap water.

Still think drinking bottled water is a good idea? I didn't think so. I'm not claiming that I don't ever drink it...I just try my best to always have my Sigg (feel free to re-read last Monday's blog: http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2009/08/go-sigg-or-go-home.html) with me and/or drink tap water whenever possible. If you think tap water tastes bad, then invest in a Brita pitcher or filter for your faucet.

If you still insist on drinking bottled water, then recycle those bottles! It's very simple. You can either toss the bottle in the trash or in a recycling bin. The choice is yours. Let's do our part to help Mother Earth by not adding to the waste that drinking bottled water creates.

No comments: