Monday, January 17, 2011

A greener kind of shopping

With last night's Golden Globes kicking off awards season, I found myself in a state of pure high fashion bliss.  Oh, wait.  I think I'm permanently in said state. 

Anyways, I was talking to a girl I work with about the Globes and how she has two formal events coming up.  I got to thinking and thought hey, why not go green and just borrow a dress from one of your friends?

Why pay for a brand new dress when you can go "shopping" in one of your friend's closets?  The dress will be new to you, and I'm sure your friend will get a kick out of you wearing it.  Let's face it, most of us don't wear our formal dresses more than once. 

All you have to do is find a friend who wears the same size as you, and you have basically just doubled the size of your closet.  I can't think of anything more chic than that.

No comments: