Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's the thought that counts

I hope all of you had a lovely Valentine's Day!  I wanted to post this before the big day but did not have time to do so.  When it comes time to get someone a gift, why not go green and make one for them?  Some of the best gifts I've received have been homemade.  There's just something about getting a gift that someone made just for you. 

Most of the time, you save money and depending on what you make, other resources as well.  Not very crafty?  Try baking some cookies or brownies or just making your loved one a beautiful homemade card.  The older I get, the more I realize that it's the little things in life that count the most.  I feel like most Americans have a plethora of stuff, so I definitely appreciate a gift of a home cooked meal, poem, or card instead of a lavish present.  What are some of the best homemade gifts you've received?

No comments: