Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions

As the new year kicks off, people across the world commit to all sorts of resolutions.  Varying from losing weight to kicking a bad habit, we all start January with these goals fresh in our minds.  Come February (or even the end of January), many people fall off the bandwagon.  They realize they won't lose 15 pounds in one month or workout 5 days per week, so they give up all together.  


Instead of making such unrealistic expectations, why not commit to a lifetime of healthy living?  Aim to workout 3-5 times/week, eat healthy as much as possible, and spend more time outside.  When you think of your resolutions as lifetime commitments, they take on a whole new meaning.  Your month of eating well and daily workouts will turn into a lifetime of healthy living.  If you mess up, don't give up.  Keep on trying-don't beat yourself up and give up all together.  It's not the end of the world.  Trust me, I know from experience.  


While I'm no size two and certainly no fitness expert, I eat relatively well and workout on a consistent basis.  For the most part, I know that I'm doing what I can to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  Sure, I could stand to "tighten" up and make better food choices.  But, you'll never see me do some crazy, fad diet because I know it won't last.  Fad diets are just that-fads.  I do what I can when I can, and that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I follow you on twitter and loved reading this! Working out more is one of my resolutions for this year (and really forever). I use to be a group fitness instructor (a year ago) and stopped because of my hectic college schedule! Now that I'm about to graduate I would love to have a routine that works along with my hectic teaching schedule! I already eat healthy, but just have to get the working out down pat! Thanks for this motivational post!