Thursday, October 8, 2009

Top Ten Things I miss about being unemployed

As many of you know, I recently started a job after being unemployed for 8 months. While I feel incredibly blessed to have a job, here are the top 10 things I miss about being unemployed*.

1) Sleeping in-this 7:00 AM wake-up call is rough for me. To think that some people get up even earlier makes me ill.

2) Pajamas and/or workout clothes were acceptable clothing each day. Trust me, I LOVE fashion more than most people, but it was nice lounging around in comfortable clothing all day.

3) Makeup was optional...I love having makeup on, but I DESPISE applying it. Perhaps it was all those years of dance performances, auditions, pageants, etc that have made me dislike this process.

4) Not having to be "on" for most of the day. Georgia accepts and welcomes any attention in any form that I give her...regardless of what I am wearing, how my face/hair look, etc.

5) Being able to stay up late since I don't have to be anywhere early the next day-see #1. This has put a major damper on my evening social schedule since I now have to be up early. The horror!

6) Going to the gym during off-peak hours. I truly think that every resident of Atlanta works out at the Buckhead LA Fitness between the hours of 5:00-7:00 PM. I do not recommend attempting to workout during this time at that location.

7) Sunday nights were carefree...I didn't have the depression that sets in around 5:00 PM knowing that I have to go to work the next day and act like an adult.

8) Having little to no responsibility. I miss just being responsible for keeping myself and my dog alive, happy, and healthy.

9) Seeing afternoon movies-I think I saw every decent movie that came out from February 2009-September 2009...and there were some good ones :) Now, I am behind on my movies.

10) Going to lunches, happy hours, etc with other unemployed friends. This was absolutely fabulous and is most greatly missed!

*All of this being said, I am thankful to have a job, receive a paycheck, and use my brain again. I grew more as a person in the past 8 months than I have in my entire life. For that, I am thankful. However, I do miss the 10 things listed above and hope to experience pieces of them from time to time.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Ugh yes, I remember #7!! The Sunday evening depression!!