Thursday, October 29, 2009

Change is in the air

As the leaves start to change, I am gently reminded that change is all around us. I watch babies grow, relationships solidify in marriage, and people move away. There's something strangely comforting about change. It reminds us that life is happening all around us, and that you never know what can happen next.

I'll be the first person to admit that change can scare me; just read: http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2009/10/change-friend-or-foe.html. That being said, I can also relish in the changes around me. Watching the leaves change color each year reminds me that life goes on. People may disappoint you, you might lose your job, and you might not ever meet "the one." But simple things like the changing of a season can give us hope that God has a bigger plan for us that we could ever imagine. His plan might rock your world, but it will change your life in a way that is inconceivable.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
(Ecclesiastes 3: 11)

No comments: