Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My space



I was looking around my condo the other day, and I thought to myself, "Wow, I am all over the place here!" Don't get me wrong, I love how I have decorated my home, but there is definitely a very wide variety of items in place. I've got everything from a giraffe mask from Kenya, a picture of a lovely scene in Paris, and a print of giant peacock feathers on my walls. What does this say about me? I'd like to think that it says I am adventurous, spontaneous, and eclectic. I love travel, exotic places, and beautiful things. Could it also mean that I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I like/want in life, and that I am indecisive and overly quirky?

I think my choice of paint even says something about me. The majority of my walls have been painted in "Favorite Tan," a neutral, khaki color. I chose to paint the bathroom and an accent wall in my bedroom in "Peacock Plume," a bright, vibrant bluish-green shade. I think that this color palette shows that I am classic with a fun and spirited kick. Even my stack of magazines is somewhat odd: Vogue, Rolling Stone, Southern Living, Elle, New York, In Style, and Fitness.

I encourage you to take a look around your home. What does your space say about you?

No comments: