Monday, May 17, 2010

iTunes all the way

Today's go green tip is something I struggle with. I don't buy a lot of music, but when I do, I really love buying the CD instead of purchasing it on iTunes. I guess I just like physically holding the CD and seeing the pretty artwork instead of just downloading it online. However, I have been making myself buy my music electronically lately because it is much greener to do so.

The Internet is a great thing and can certainly make life more environmentally friendly if we fully utilize it. There are multiple benefits to buying music online including the following: the album is almost always cheaper, you don't have to make a trip to the store to buy it, and you get the music instantly. Make sure to never download music, movies, etc illegally. As a creative type, I think it is vital that we support the talented people who work hard to bring us their music.

No comments: