Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


I hope all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day. Let's all take a moment to thank the brave men and women who have so selflessly served in our military in the past, present, and future. It's because of you that I am able to do something so simple as write whatever I want to on this blog. Freedom of speech is something that Americans are used to. Millions of people around the world do not have this right, and I am incredibly thankful to have it.

I also would like to thank the men and women who serve our country as police officers, firefighters, emergency medical personnel, and other occupations of this nature. Like members of the armed services, these people give up their time, energy, and lives in order to keep us safe.

We salute all of you today. Thank you for your sacrifice. For more information on the origins of Memorial Day, go to http://www.history.com/topics/memorial-day-history.

1 comment:

Brett P said...

A fitting tribute. I went to a really nice memorial service today at the Marietta National Cemetery.