Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fourth meal

Is it just me, or does food taste better after midnight? There's something fun, exciting, and almost dangerous about fourth meal. I try not to indulge in it too often, but when I do, it is just fabulous.

After seeing Sex and the City 2 Saturday night and having an after movie drink, I had a friend drop me off at Cafe Agora around 1:15 AM. If you have never been, stop what you are doing, and go right now! Their kitchen serves amazing Greek food until 4:00 AM, so the drunken masses start trickling in around 1:00 AM or so. The two guys who were in line in front of me were having trouble standing up and ordered enough food for at least 10 people. When they finally left, I placed my order (falafel sandwich and a side of their amazing carrot salad) with a grin knowing that fourth meal would soon be mine. Was I actually hungry this late at night? Not really. I had eaten a sandwich and a salad around 6:00 PM, but I just really felt like eating again at 1:30 AM. This is not something one should do all the time, but it is fun to do every now and then.

After eating a HUGE meal this late at night, my insomnia was even worse then normal since eating late at night does not help your sleep pattern at all. However, it was absolutely worth it. I woke up still feeling full but happy knowing that I had eaten one heck of a fourth meal the night before.

What is your favorite thing to eat for fourth meal? My top five favorite fourth meal items are as follows:

1) pizza-this is my favorite food in general
2) Taco Bell-I mean, they coined the term right?
3) french fries
4) cheese dip
5) some sort of amazing sandwich (a la Cafe Agora style)

Don't judge...you know you love fourth meal too.

No comments: