Monday, June 28, 2010

Viva la bibliotheque!

I went to the library today for the first time in a very long time.  A simple and FREE way to go green is to check out books from your local library.  You can even "order" a book ahead of time, so that you can check it out as soon as it comes out.  You can also place items on hold online, and the library will notify you when the book is ready.  How cool is that? 

Another way to go green is to donate your books to the library.  I'll admit-I don't do this with all of my books, but I definitely donate a lot of them.  I mean, are you ever really going to read most of them again?  Probably not.  Why not share your recent read with a stranger?  My parents taught us to love reading, and they have donated their books to the library for years.  I hope that all parents teach their children the importance of reading...knowledge really is power.

No comments: