Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be thankful

Wow, the past few weeks have been beyond busy for me.  Lots of new, exciting changes are on the horizon for me, and I look forward to sharing them with all of you soon. 

For now, I just want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope your day tomorrow reminds you of how much there is to be thankful for.  Give your loved ones extra hugs and kisses and let them know how much you love them.  My parents are in Italy with my brother and sister-in-law for Thanksgiving, and I am thrilled for them.  While I miss them, I am so excited that they get to spend this holiday with Andrew and Katie.  I hope they have an amazing time, and I look forward to seeing their pictures when they return.

I am volunteering tomorrow morning and then going to my dear friend Leigh Anne's house for a Thanksgiving meal.  Even though I wish I could spend the holiday with my family, I am thrilled to have such a good friend to spend it with this year.  I have been absolutely blown away by how many of my friends invited me to join their family for Thanksgiving when they learned my parents would be out of the country.  I really do have the best friends in the entire world.

Enjoy your day tomorrow and don't forget to say a prayer for those who might not have any food to eat.  Check out this post from last year which reminds us about not wasting leftovers-http://cestlaviebyelle.blogspot.com/2009/11/leftover-dilemma.html.  Make sure not to cook too much food.  If you do, freeze leftovers or give them to your guests to take home.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with great company, laughter, and love.  Life is short, so always give it your all and give all you have to the world around you.

No comments: