Thursday, May 19, 2011

(Pla)...with a Purpose

I had the privilege of meeting (Pla) Beauty Founder Stephanie Green Bass at Woo Cosmetics and Skincare last week.  Not only is her line absolutely amazing, but Stephanie is a truly lovely woman.  Having lost her first daughter Bella when she was just 18 days old, Stephanie decided to give back to a cause near and dear to her heart.  A portion of all proceeds goes to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA), the place where Stephanie, her husband, and Bella stayed during Bella's short life.  Stephanie and her husband are now the proud parents of their daughter Ava, but Bella's memory will live on through their lives and Stephanie's work.    


Stephanie describes the purpose and mission for (Pla-pronounced "Play"-my computer won't type the accent mark in the name) Beauty: "(Plā) beauty is a high fashion, customizable cosmetic line, designed for the woman on the go. It contains paraben free products, infused with antioxidants and hydrating properties. I also wanted to incorporate an eco-conscious aspect to the line so that, by using refillable products, magnetic compacts and cutting down on wasteful packaging, we can be kind to the planet while still looking and feeling great!"


Sounds like a winning combination to me.  You can find (Pla) Beauty products at Woo Skincare and Cosmetics in Atlanta and Nashville.  I went to the Atlanta location for the first time last week and fell in love.  Woo is every product junkie's heaven.  It's filled to the brim with fun products that Woo's friendly, talented staff show you how to use.  


Stephanie did my makeup (see above for the results), and I was incredibly pleased with the results.  I've spent the past week testing out the line, and I am sold.  The products don't feel heavy but provide full coverage.  My favorite is (Pla) Beauty's lipgloss "Hottie," a shiny ginger red shade.  I love wearing it because it looks good and makes me feel good knowing that a portion of my sale went to CHOA.  


Go see Stephanie today...and (Pla) with a Purpose.  


To learn more about Stephanie and (Pla) Beauty, go to http://www.plabeauty.com/index.htm.  You can also get more information at www.facebook.com/plabeauty and @plabeauty.  

No comments: